So you want to learn about golden hour, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. We’ll tell you what it is and why we prefer this time of day to others.
We always let people know that we love shooting at sunset or even sunrise, but why? We do have some daytime sessions available, but we prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset or just after sunrise. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- Daytime can produce very harsh light that is difficult to work with and we want you to get the most out of your session with us.