We’ve gone ahead and given you some tips to ensure your day is stress free and flawless for your spring session. Listen up!
- Layers are your best friend. Spring can be finicky in the sense that you can go from frigid to overheated in a matter of minutes. We suggest wearing layers — tank top, tee shirt, cardigan, scarf, etc. That way it’s easy to peel off, or add, a layer as you see fit and remain comfortable throughout the session.
- Location, location, location. You better believe we’re going to take advantage of the fresh, warm air and all those bud popping up from the ground and in the trees. If you have any favorite locations, let us know. We have a nice list on hand, ourselves.
- Play into the colors of the season when choosing your outfits. Fresh pops of green, blue, pink and yellow are always a hit in the springtime. We recommend choosing a color theme for family or group portraits, then slightly deviating from that with accessories to keep things interesting.
- Speaking of accessories: wear them! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into the spring theme. Butterflies, flowers, insects, etc, can make for some super adorable pictures.
- Time it right. Book a session too early and you may miss out on those spring buds. Book too late and you’ve already wandered into summer territory. Keep an eye on the weather and give your us a call when the time is right.
- Incorporate props. Spring offers some beautiful backdrops where props blend in perfectly. For example, old wooden chairs look stunning in a sea of blooming rose bushes, and a quilted blanket is lovely on the fresh, green grass.
- Really think about your footwear. Spring can often mean a soggy ground, especially here in central Pennsylvania, so flip-flops or heels are not the best choice. Instead, wear something that’s comfortable and spring appropriate, like loafers, flats or boots.