You know, we’re ready for a hot summer, but are you? Summer sessions are a fave at TM Grey Photo. Lots of beautiful sun and natural light of take advantage of! Here are a few ways you can make sure your summer session is perfect.
1. Dress appropriately. Summer means hot and humid weather, which can lead to sticky bodies. Choose breathable, lightweight fabrics that don’t weigh you down. As for shoes, cute flats or loafers are a great option.
2. Think about your hair. If you or a family member’s hair reacts to humidity in a negative way, opt for a hairstyle that won’t leave you feeling insecure. For example, a pretty braid or an updo is a good choice. Or you can wear a headscarf, or use a little extra product to keep frizz at bay.
3.Pack necessities. When packing your photo shoot necessities, we recommend bringing the following items: Lots of water for all, a snack for sustenance, sunscreen, umbrella for shade, water mister, makeup touchup.
4. Get creative with session ideas. Summer offers a host of activities that lend themselves to amazing photo sessions. For example, there’s the fair (elephant ear, anyone?), the circus, festivals, and plenty more. I’d be more than happy to shoot a really creative session with you.
5. Think about head to toe details. For example, if you’re wearing flip-flops or open toed shoes, you want to have manicured feet. If it’s really breezy, a hat or scarf can keep things under control.
6. Rest assured knowing I won’t let you overheat. Sometimes it’s hard just to walk outside when it’s scorching outside, but know that we’re going to have an amazing shoot. We’ll spend lots of time in the shade (I love the shade), dive into the cool A/C when we can (if possible), and I will never push you or your family into staying longer than they can or want.
7. Incorporate props. I love, love, love when clients use props. Outdoor summer shoots are loaded with imagery as is, but you can always incorporate some props into the mix. Flowers, hats, umbrellas, baskets, picnic stuff, etc. Anything you think that will help people see the real you.